Piracy is one of the growing online crime, whereas websites like TodayPK movies is leading this crime. TodayPK leaked pirated version of Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, English, Malayalam and other movies, which is illegal. In fact, many production houses have filed complains against this website.
Disclaimer: movie-rater.com does not support or promote piracy rather we are asking to fight against Piracy. We are educating millions of viewers every month, about the impact of Piracy on the Film industry. We educate them about how piracy affects the Livelihoods of millions of people.
TodayPk Movies is Illegal, Governments block these websites
The Indian government has taken strict action against Today Pk Movies, after receiving many requests and complaints from the Production Houses. After hearing the complains, may websites like TodayPk Movies.com has been blocked. Even after the Indian government blocked TodayPk Movies, other websites with different domain extension came up like sprouts. All these TodayPk Movies websites are illegal. Hence the Governments keep blocking these websites.
In fact, it is also considered illegal to download movies from TodayPk Movies or similar website. Indiatimes had recently published an article, quoting that “Soon Downloading Pirated Movies Could Land You Behind The Bars For 3 Years, Fine.”
Why Is It Illegal To Download Movies From TodayPk Movies
The only one who has the copyright/ownership for movies are the Production Houses. Only they have the copyright on the movies they produce. In fact, TodayPk Movies need to have proper authority from these Production houses to distribute movies.
TodayPk Movies is not into Film distribution Business and is acquires Movie Downloads illegally. Copyright law stated that downloading or sharing movie illegally is equivalent to theft. Whereas Indian Copy Right Act 1957, TodayPk Movies an illegal source for a movie download.
In fact, the copyright act says that, consuming illegal medium for movie download is a punishable act. Hence as a viewer, you are committing illegal activity by downloading movies from TodayPk.
Why TodayPk Movies Does Not Have Official Website or Social Media Presence
TodayPK is illegal hence is blocked or banned in many countries. Whereas social media Platforms like Facebook, YouTube and more, has a strict policy against piracy, hence they keep banning the pages like TodayPk Movies.
How much Illegal websites like TodayPk Movies are costing Film Industry?
According to Forbes Magazine, the action movie, starring Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger, was leaked to “pirates” three weeks before its official release, leading to 70 million illegal viewings and costing $100 million in lost revenues.
Just from one movie if the Industry is costing a loss of 100 million dollars ensures multi-million dollars loss for the entire industry. This is indirectly affecting the family who are working with the Movie Industry in India and worldwide.
Extracted from US Government website
Following text from the US government website, gives us an idea about the impact the sites has on the audience and also on the society at the macro level.
“The revenues lost from piracy affect carpenters, electricians and other craftsmen who work in the entertainment industry as well as the economies of countries all over the world where movies are made. Movie piracy can affect you as well, even if you’re not downloading illegal copies of movies” – share.america.gov
- Illegal uploading and downloading of copyright-infringing materials takes up 24 percent of the bandwidth used in North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific regions. If you have a slow connection speed, it could be because of illegal file-sharing.
- Even if you don’t download movies illegally, you probably know — and get email and photos from — people who do. According to the Digital Citizens Alliance, consumers are 28 times more likely to get malware (software designed to damage computers) from sites offering illegal downloads. If you know anyone who does illegal streaming, you must guide her to not support this activity.
- According to the Motion Picture Association of America, the film and television industries are responsible for 2 million jobs in America alone. And local businesses that support the industry receive $43 billion every year. Numbers like that apply to overseas filming hubs as well. If piracy reduces the number of films made, the economic effects will be felt in filmmaking countries around the world.
Legal ways to watch Movies Online?
For those who don’t have time to go and watch movies in theaters, they can now enjoy movie online legally. You can find several legal movie streaming services that allow you to watch the latest movies and tv shows. These services are available across all smart devices like smartphone, laptop, and Smart TV.
These legal streaming service providers typically provide three types of services:
- Free Streaming of Movies online – Watching movies online for free is possible with free streaming platforms like Hotstar and JioCinema. Websites like JioCinema needs registration, whereas Hotstar is registration free. But, these free streaming websites do not stream the latest movies.
- Pay per Movie – For those who rarely watch movies, Pay Per Movie is one of the services suitable for them. In this, you can watch movies depending on your interest. You don’t have to pay for a monthly subscription. Services like YouTube Movies, Google Play Movie, and iTunes allows PPM service.
- Monthly subscription – There are Multiple websites like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and ErosNow providing monthly subscription. This service is suitable for those who like to watch regular movies. You have to may monthly to enjoy unlimited access to movies.