filmyzilla.com is a torrent site that leaks pirated variant of Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, English, Malayalam and other language films illegally. Many Production houses and film actors have commonly requested people to not empower piracy by sites like filmyzilla. They have requested the audience and their fans to watch movies only in theaters or through legal streaming sites.
Disclaimer: movie-rater.com does not support or promote piracy. In fact, we are committed to the fight against Piracy. We are educating millions of viewers every month, about the impact of Piracy on the Film industry. We educate them about how piracy affects the Livelihoods of millions of people.
Filmyzilla is Illegal, Governments block these websites
There is a lot of complains and request made by the Production Houses and Actors. After several complaints, the Indian Government has taken strict legal action against piracy. Websites like filmyzilla.com in India has been blocked. After the government blocked filmyzilla.com, many website came up with the same name but with a different extension. All these filmyzilla websites are illegal. Hence the Governments keep blocking these websites.
Even downloading movies from websites like filmyzilla is a crime. Indiatimes recently published an article, quoting that “Soon Downloading Pirated Movies Could Land You Behind The Bars For 3 Years, Fine.”
Why Is It Illegal To Download Movies From filmyzilla
Production Houses spend millions to make a movie and these Production Houses have the copyright (ownership) of these content. To allow download or watching movies online, these Productions Houses have to authorize filmyzilla to distribute their movie.
filmyzilla is not an authorized Film distributor and none of the Production houses have ever authorized filmyzilla. filmyzilla obtains the Movie Downloads through illicit methods, for example, Leaks from Labs, theaters, and upload into their sites. This Piracy is unlawful and is equal to robbery. Each Country has a Copyright policy, For instance, the Indian Copy Right Act 1957, filmyzilla is circulating Movies illegally henceforth culpable under the Indian Law.
The Law (Copy Right Acts) also states that the distribution and consumption of copyrighted content is a punishable act. If you are one of those, then, you are committing illegal activity by downloading movies from filmyzilla.
Why filmyzilla Does Not Have Official Website or Social Media Presence
All the illegal websites are banned by the Government. As Filmyzilla’s business is illegal many countries have blocked or banned their websites after receiving complaints from the film industry. Even Social Media Platforms like Facebook and YouTube have stricter copyright policies and they keep banning the pages like filmyzilla.
How much Illegal websites like filmyzilla are costing Film Industry?
According to Forbes Magazine, the action movie, starring Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger, was leaked to “pirates” three weeks before its official release, leading to 70 million illegal viewings and costing $100 million in lost revenues.
100 million dollars, that is just one movie, the over a loss to the film Industry can be in multiple billions of dollars. That is the lively hood of millions of people all around the world. filmyzilla being one of the top illegal websites is causing troubles to the livelihood of thousands of people directly and millions of people indirectly. So, do not use websites like filmyzilla for illegally watching or downloading movies.
Extracted from US Government website
Following text from the US government website, gives us an idea about the impact the sites as filmyzilla has on the audience and also on the society at the macro level.
“The revenues lost from piracy affect carpenters, electricians and other craftsmen who work in the entertainment industry as well as the economies of countries all over the world where movies are made. Movie piracy can affect you as well, even if you’re not downloading illegal copies of movies” – share.america.gov
- Illegal uploading and downloading of copyright-infringing materials takes up 24 percent of the bandwidth used in North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific regions. If you have a slow connection speed, it could be because of illegal file-sharing.
- Even if you don’t download movies illegally, you probably know — and get email and photos from — people who do. According to the Digital Citizens Alliance, consumers are 28 times more likely to get malware (software designed to damage computers) from sites offering illegal downloads. If you know anyone who is using any piracy, it is better to make him aware of this.
- According to the Motion Picture Association of America, the film and television industries are responsible for 2 million jobs in America alone. And local businesses that support the industry receive $43 billion every year. Numbers like that apply to overseas filming hubs as well. If piracy reduces, we will see the economic growth in filmmaking countries around the world.
Legal ways to watch Movies Online?
There are several ways to watch/download Full movies online legally. You can now watch movies, TV shows, web series and more legally on your Mobile or your laptop. With the advances in telecom technology, the cost of data went down drastically. As a result, every household and mobile these days have data plans.
All the legal streaming service in the world providers typical three types of services:
- Free Streaming of Movies online – There are many websites that allow watching movies for free. All you have to do is register and start watching movies, without any subscription charges. The only drawback is that these sites do not provide latest movies.
- Pay per Movie – If you are not a regular movie watcher, you have an option to pay for movies you like to watch. Websites like Youtube, Apple iTunes or Google Play and watch Movie allows the user to pay for what they want. This plan is suitable for those who watch movies very rarely, but if you are regular then it might cost you a lot.
- Monthly subscription – If you want access to all the latest movies with minimum charges, then Monthly subscription is what you should go for. Websites like Netflix, PrimeVideo provides monthly subscription through which you can watch as many movies you want. The price for the monthly subscription might vary from country to country.