iPagal.com is a torrent website which leaks pirated versions of Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, English, Malayalam and other language movies illegally. Many Production houses and film actors have many times requested the audience to not encourage piracy by websites like iPagal. They have requested the audience and their fans to watch movies only in theaters or through legal streaming platforms.
Disclaimer: movie-rater.com does not support or promote piracy. In fact, we are committed to the fight against Piracy. We are educating millions of viewers every month, about the impact of Piracy on the Film industry. We educate them about how piracy affects the Livelihoods of millions of people.
iPagal is Illegal, Governments block these websites
After many requests and complaints from the Production Houses and Actors, Indian Government has taken strict legal action. It has blocked many websites like iPagal.com in India. After the Indian government blocked iPagal.com, many other websites came up like sprouts. They all will have the name iPagal but a different extension. All these iPagal websites are illegal. Hence the Governments keep blocking these websites.
It is also illegal to download movies from any of these iPagal Websites. Indiatimes had recently published an article, quoting that “Soon Downloading Pirated Movies Could Land You Behind The Bars For 3 Years, Fine.”
Why Is It Illegal To Download Movies From iPagal
Production Houses spend millions to produce movies. They have the copyright (ownership) of the content they produce. These Productions Houses have to authorize iPagal to distribute their movie.
iPagal is not into Film distribution Business and none of the Production houses have ever authorized iPagal for any of their film distributions. iPagal acquires the Movie Downloads through illegal means such as Leaks from Labs, theatres, and uploads into their websites. This Piracy is illegal and is equivalent to theft. Every Country has a Copyright act, For example as per the Indian Copy Right Act 1957, iPagal is distributing Movies illegally hence punishable under the Indian Law.
The Law (Copy Right Acts) also states that the distribution is illegal. Also, the consumption of copyrighted content is a punishable act. Hence as a viewer, you are committing illegal activity by downloading movies from iPagal.
Why iPagal Does Not Have Official Website or Social Media Presence
Because their business is illegal and many countries have blocked or banned their websites based on the complaints from various sections of the film industry. Social Media Platforms like Facebook and youtube also have stricter copyright policies and they keep banning the pages like iPagal.
How much Illegal websites like iPagal are costing Film Industry?
According to Forbes Magazine, the action movie, starring Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger, was leaked to “pirates” three weeks before its official release, leading to 70 million illegal viewings and costing $100 million in lost revenues.
100 million dollars, that is just one movie, the over a loss to the film Industry can be in multiple billions of dollars. That is the lively hood of millions of people all around the world. iPagal being one of the top illegal websites is causing troubles to the livelihood of thousands of people directly and millions of people indirectly. So, do not use websites like iPagal for illegally watching or downloading movies.
Extracted from US Government website
Following text from the US government website, gives us an idea about the impact the sites as iPagal has on the audience and also on the society at the macro level.
“The revenues lost from piracy affect carpenters, electricians and other craftsmen who work in the entertainment industry as well as the economies of countries all over the world where movies are made. Movie piracy can affect you as well, even if you’re not downloading illegal copies of movies” – share.america.gov
- Illegal uploading and downloading of copyright-infringing materials takes up 24 percent of the bandwidth used in North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific regions. If you have a slow connection speed, it could be because of illegal file-sharing.
- Even if you don’t download movies illegally, you probably know — and get email and photos from — people who do. According to the Digital Citizens Alliance, consumers are 28 times more likely to get malware (software designed to damage computers) from sites offering illegal downloads. So tell anyone you know who is tempted that it increases the chances of his or her computer falling victim to malware that can be used to steal an identity.
- According to the Motion Picture Association of America, the film and television industries are responsible for 2 million jobs in America alone. And local businesses that support the industry receive $43 billion every year. Numbers like that apply to overseas filming hubs as well. If piracy reduces the number of films made, the economic effects will be felt in filmmaking countries around the world.
Legal ways to watch Movies Online?
You do not find time to go and watch in movie theaters? So what options you have? How you can watch the movies from your home? Do not worry, there plenty of options available. You can watch movies legally on your TV, Mobile or your laptop. With the advances in telecom technology, the cost of data went down drastically. Every household and mobile these days have data plans. Unlike iPagal, a number of legal movie streaming services are available in all parts of the world.
These legal streaming service providers typically provide three types of services:
- Free Streaming of Movies online – You can just register and start watching movies, without any subscription. But generally, these sites do not provide latest movies.
- Pay per Movie – You can purchase a Movie from websites like Youtube, Apple iTunes or Google Play and watch Movie. This works fine in case you are not an avid movie /tv show viewer. But in case you are a regular viewer, you will end up paying a lot in this mode.
- Monthly subscription – Multiple websites like Netflix, PrimeVideo provides monthly subscription that may vary from a couple of dollars to 50 dollars based on the country and the service provider. You can watch an unlimited number of Movies or TV Shows with these subscriptions. So in case you are a regular viewer, we suggest s a subscription service for you. But some of the movies may not be available in subscription-based services and are available only Pay per Movie.