TamilRockers is Illegal, Governments block these websitesMovie piracy increased a lot in India. After receiving requests and complaints from the Production Houses and Actors, Indian Government has taken legal action against piracy. It has blocked many websites like TamilRocker.com in India. After the Indian government blocked tamilrocker.com, many other websites came up like sprouts. They all will have the name TamilRocker but a different extension. All these TamilRocker websites are illegal. Hence the Governments keep blocking these websites.Not just illegal streaming, but watching or downloading movies from TamilRockers is also a crime. You will also be penalized to supporting Piracy. According to Indiatimes recently published an article, quotes that “Soon Downloading Pirated Movies Could Land You Behind The Bars For 3 Years, Fine.”
Movies Leaked On TamilRockers
Why Is It Illegal To Download Movies From TamilRockersMillions of dollars are spent by Production Houses to produce movies. The only one who has the right to keep and share copyright (ownership) is with the Production Houses. These Productions Houses have to authorize TamilRocker to distribute their movie. TamilRockers is not into movie distribution Business and none of the Production houses in India and abroad have ever authorized TamilRockers for any film distributions. Tamilrockers allows Movie Downloads through illegal means such as Leaks from Labs, theatres, and uploads into their websites. This Piracy is illegal and is equivalent to theft. Every Country has a Copyright act, For example as per the Indian Copy Right Act 1957, Tamilrockeris distributing Movies illegally hence punishable under the Indian Law.The Law (Copy Right Acts) states that the distribution and consumption of unauthorized content are illegal and is a punishable act. Hence as a viewer, you are committing illegal activity by downloading movies from TamilRockers.
Why TamilRockers Does Not Have Official Website or Social Media PresenceOne of the major reason is that their business is illegal. Many countries have blocked or banned their websites based on the complaints from various sections of the film industry. Social Media Platforms like Facebook and YouTube also have a strict copyright policy and they keep banning the pages like TamilRockers.
How much Illegal websites like TamilRockers are costing Film Industry?According to Forbes Magazine, the action movie, starring Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger, was leaked to “pirates” three weeks before its official release, leading to 70 million illegal viewings and costing $100 million in lost revenues. If the loss of 100 million dollars is just for 1 movie, the to the film Industry can be in multiple billions of dollars loss. This is the lively hood of millions of people all around the world. TamilRockers being one of the top illegal websites is causing troubles to the livelihood of thousands of people directly and millions of people indirectly. So, do not use websites like tamilrockers for illegally watching or downloading movies.
Extracted from US Government website
Following text from the US government website, gives us an idea about the impact the sites has on the audience and also on the society at the macro level.
“The revenues lost from piracy affect carpenters, electricians and other craftsmen who work in the entertainment industry as well as the economies of countries all over the world where movies are made. Movie piracy can affect you as well, even if you’re not downloading illegal copies of movies” – share.america.gov
- Illegal uploading and downloading of copyright-infringing materials takes up 24 percent of the bandwidth used in North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific regions. If you have a slow connection speed, it could be because of illegal file-sharing.
- Even if you don’t download movies illegally, you probably know — and get email and photos from — people who do. According to the Digital Citizens Alliance, consumers are 28 times more likely to get malware (software designed to damage computers) from sites offering illegal downloads. If you know anyone who does illegal streaming, you must guide her to not support this activity.
- According to the Motion Picture Association of America, the film and television industries are responsible for 2 million jobs in America alone. And local businesses that support the industry receive $43 billion every year. Numbers like that apply to overseas filming hubs as well. If piracy reduces the number of films made, the economic effects will be felt in filmmaking countries around the world.
Legal ways to watch Movies Online?Are you one of those who doesn’t have time to watch movies in the theater? There are several legal options you can try. In this era, it is easily possible for anyone to watch a movie on TV, Laptop or even Laptop. Because of advanced technology telecom technologies cost went down drastically. You will find numbers of legal movie streaming services available around the world.These legal streaming service providers typically provide three types of services:
- Free Streaming of Movies online – There are many websites that allow free movie streaming. All you will do is register and start watching movies, without any subscription. But, these sites do not provide latest movies. You can try websites like Hotstar and JioCinema to watch movies and TV shows for free.
- Pay per Movie – If your interest is just one movie, then you have all the right to play for what you watch. Websites like Youtube Movies, Apple iTunes or Google Play and watch Movie allows you to play for what you want. If you are not an avid movie /tv show viewer, then this will work fine for you. But for regular viewer, they will end up paying a lot in this mode.
- Monthly subscription – This is one of the best plans that you must look for. There are several websites like Netflix, Prime Video that allows monthly subscription plan. The price may vary from a couple of dollars based on the country and the service provider. If you have purchased a Monthly Subscription plan, you can watch an unlimited number of Movies or TV Shows with these subscriptions. This is the best plan for those who are a regular viewer. But some of the movies may not be available in subscription-based services and are available only Pay per Movie.