Extratorrents.com is an illegal website to leaks pirated versions of Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, English, Malayalam and other language movies. In fact, Production houses in India and abroad have filed complains against Extratorrents. Whereas we see actors promoting the anti-piracy campaign and requested the audience to not download movies from Extratorrents.
Disclaimer: movie-rater.com does not support or promote piracy. In fact, we are committed to the fight against Piracy. We are educating millions of viewers every month, about the impact of Piracy on the Film industry. We educate them about how piracy affects the Livelihoods of millions of people.
Extratorrents is Illegal, Governments block these websites
Extratorrents is one of the oldest illegal movie torrent sites, whereas this site has received several complains from Production houses. After getting several complaints from the Production Houses and actors, the Indian Government has banned these websites. It has blocked many websites like Extratorrents.com in India. Even after several bans, these websites came with the same name, but different extension. All these Extratorrents websites are illegal. Hence the Governments keep blocking these websites.
Not only Extratorrents Websites, but you as a viewer is also supporting crime by downloading movies. Indiatimes had recently published an article, quoting that “Soon Downloading Pirated Movies Could Land You Behind The Bars For 3 Years, Fine.”
Why Is It Illegal To Download Movies From Extratorrents
Production Houses spend millions to produce movies. They have the copyright (ownership) of the content they produce. These Productions Houses have to authorize Extratorrents to distribute their movie. Whereas Extratorrents was never into Film distribution Business, also the Production houses have never authorized Extratorrents for movie distributions. Extratorrents get these Movie Downloads through illegal ways like Leaks from Labs, theatres, and uploads into their websites. Every Country has a Copyright act, similarly, Indian Copy Right Act 1957.
The Law (Copy Right Acts) also states that the distribution is illegal. Also, the consumption of copyrighted content is a punishable act. Hence as a viewer, you are committing illegal activity by downloading movies from Extratorrents.
Why Extratorrents Does Not Have Official Website or Social Media Presence
Extratorents business is considered illegal in many countries and has been blocked or banned. Whereas social media Platforms have stricter copyright policies to give original content to users. Hence they keep banning the pages like Extratorrents.
How much Illegal websites like Extratorrents are costing Film Industry?
According to Forbes Magazine, the action movie, starring Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger, was leaked to “pirates” three weeks before its official release, leading to 70 million illegal viewings and costing $100 million in lost revenues.
Only 100 million dollars from one movie, which describe the loss of billions of dollars to the movie industry. That is the lively hood of millions of people working in the film industry around the world. Extratorrents causes troubles to the livelihood of millions of people working in this indirectly. So, do not use websites like Extratorrents for illegally watching or downloading movies.
Extracted from US Government website
Following text from the US government website, gives us an idea about the impact the sites has on the audience and also on the society at the macro level.
“The revenues lost from piracy affect carpenters, electricians and other craftsmen who work in the entertainment industry as well as the economies of countries all over the world where movies are made. Movie piracy can affect you as well, even if you’re not downloading illegal copies of movies” – share.america.gov
- Illegal uploading and downloading of copyright-infringing materials takes up 24 percent of the bandwidth used in North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific regions. If you have a slow connection speed, it could be because of illegal file-sharing.
- Even if you don’t download movies illegally, you probably know — and get email and photos from — people who do. According to the Digital Citizens Alliance, consumers are 28 times more likely to get malware (software designed to damage computers) from sites offering illegal downloads. If you know anyone who does illegal streaming, you must guide her to not support this activity.
- According to the Motion Picture Association of America, the film and television industries are responsible for 2 million jobs in America alone. And local businesses that support the industry receive $43 billion every year. Numbers like that apply to overseas filming hubs as well. If piracy reduces the number of films made, the economic effects will be felt in filmmaking countries around the world.
Legal ways to watch Movies Online?
For those who don’t have time to watch movies in the theater, can check legal online services that offer movie streaming. With these services, you can watch movies anytime and anywhere. All you need to have is a smart device that supports these apps or services. All these legal streaming services have typical three types of services:
- Free Streaming of Movies online – Legal streaming sites like Hotstar and JioCinema give access to movies for free. But, these sites do not provide latest movies. Some of the free movie streaming sites need signup.
- Pay per Movie –Thanks to platforms like Google Play Movie, YouTube Movies, and iTunes that only charges for the movie you want to watch. If you are not a regular movie watcher, then this is one of the best services. But, if you are a regular watcher, then check Monthly Subscription.
- Monthly subscription – Monthly Subscription plan is one of the most affordable services for those who like to watch movies and TV shows daily. Some platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and ErosNow allows unlimited access to their content just with monthly charges.