Movierulz is a torrent website which leaks pirated versions of Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, English, Malayalam and other language movies illegally. Time and again, many film actors have requested the audience to fight against piracy by avoiding websites like Movierulz. Check below to know more about MovieRulz.
Disclaimer: movie-rater.com does not support or promote piracy. In fact, we are educating millions of viewers every month, about the impact of Piracy on the Film industry.
Latest Movies Leaked on MovieRulz
- 8-Mar -2019: Captain Marvel Leaked on MovieRulz
- 1- Mar – 2019: Yajamana (2019) Kannada Movie Also got leaked
- 1- Mar – 2019: Luka Chuppi a Bollywood Movie also got leaked the next day of its release.
How MovieRulz is Illegal?
First of all, Producers are the only one who allows legal rights for movie distribution. Whereas, the Indian Copyright Law 1957 claims that, you can only distribute movies online or offline only after you have the proper authority.
MovieRulz, in fact, has never been authorized by any of the producer or production houses to distribute movies. Whereas, movierulz is doing this business illegally since 2010. You will find the list of all the movies since 2010 in MovieRulez.
As MovieRulz is not into movie distribution business, they get access to all the latest movies illegally. Hence, MovieRulz is an illegal source to watch or download movies online.
How much Is MovieRulz Costing The Film Industry?
According to Forbes Magazine, the action movie, starring Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger, was leaked to “pirates” three weeks before its official release, leading to 70 million illegal viewings and costing $100 million in lost revenues.
100 million dollars, that is just one movie, the over a loss to the film Industry can be in multiple billions of dollars.
That is the lively hood of millions of people all around the world. Movierulz being one of the top illegal websites is causing troubles to the livelihood of thousands of people directly and millions of people indirectly.
Whereas, Indian cinema had to bear a loss of 18,000 Cr dues to piracy from websites like MovieRulz, TamilRockers, and others in 2018.
Extracted from US Government website
Following text from the US government website, gives us an idea about the impact the sites has on the audience and also on the society at the macro level.
“The revenues lost from piracy affect carpenters, electricians and other craftsmen who work in the entertainment industry as well as the economies of countries all over the world where movies are made. Movie piracy can affect you as well, even if you’re not downloading illegal copies of movies” – share.america.gov
- Illegal uploading and downloading of copyright-infringing materials takes up 24 percent of the bandwidth used in North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific regions. If you have a slow connection speed, it could be because of illegal file-sharing.
- Even if you don’t download movies illegally, you probably know — and get email and photos from — people who do. According to the Digital Citizens Alliance, consumers are 28 times more likely to get malware (software designed to damage computers) from sites offering illegal downloads. If you know anyone who does illegal streaming, you must guide her to not support this activity.
- According to the Motion Picture Association of America, the film and television industries are responsible for 2 million jobs in America alone. And local businesses that support the industry receive $43 billion every year. Numbers like that apply to overseas filming hubs as well. If piracy reduces the number of films made, the economic effects will be felt in filmmaking countries around the world.
Legal ways to watch Movies Online?
You do not find time to go and watch in movie theaters? So what options you have? How you can watch the movies from your home? Do not worry, there plenty of options available.
You can watch movies legally on your TV, Mobile or your laptop. With the advances in telecom technology, the cost of data went down drastically. Every household and mobile these days have data plans.
Unlike movierulz, a number of legal movie streaming services are available in all parts of the world. These legal streaming service providers typically provide three types of services:
- Free Streaming of Movies online – You can just register and start watching movies, without any subscription. But generally, these sites do not provide latest movies.
- Pay per Movie – You can purchase a Movie from websites like Youtube, Apple iTunes or Google Play and watch Movie. This works fine in case you are not an avid movie /tv show viewer. But in case you are a regular viewer, you will end up paying a lot in this mode.
- Monthly subscription – Multiple websites like Netflix, PrimeVideo provides monthly subscription that may vary from a couple of dollars to 50 dollars based on the country and the service provider. You can watch an unlimited number of Movies or TV Shows with these subscriptions. So in case you are a regular viewer, we suggest s a subscription service for you. But some of the movies may not be available in subscription-based services and are available only Pay per Movie.
List Of MovieRulz URL
After several Ban, MovieRulz came up with different URLs. Below are the list of MovieRulz URL
Current Working URL: 2movierulz.gs
MovieRulz URLs Banned By Government
- MovieRulz .tv