MyTeluguWap.com is an illegal torrent website that leaked pirated versions of Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, English, Malayalam and dubbed movies. This website is banned in Indian and across the globe. To stop piracy, Production houses and actors have requested their fans to not encourage websites like MyTeluguWap.
Disclaimer: movie-rater.com does not support or promote piracy. In fact, we are committed to the fight against Piracy. We are educating millions of viewers every month, about the impact of Piracy on the Film industry. We educate them about how piracy affects the Livelihoods of millions of people.
MyTeluguWap is Illegal, Governments block these websites
Production Houses and Actors have filed several complains against MyTeluguWap. Hence, the Indian Government has banned websites like MyTeluguWap. After the ban, many other websites with similar name came up like sprouts. They all will have the name MyTeluguWap but a different domain extension. As MyTeluguWap is an illegal website the Governments keep blocking these websites.
Not only that, but it is also illegal to download movies from MyTeluguWap Websites. Indiatimes had recently published an article, quoting that “Soon Downloading Pirated Movies Could Land You Behind The Bars For 3 Years, Fine.”
Why Is It Illegal To Download Movies From MyTeluguWap
To produce a movie, Production Houses spend millions. In fact, only Production houses have the copyright of the movies they produce and they have the right to distribute the rights. Neither MyTeluguWap is into Film Distribution, nor these production houses have given rights for movie distribution.
This ensures that MyTeluguWap is acquiring Movie Downloads through illegal means. They get movies from Labs, theatres record, and other illegal ways. This comes under the Indian Copy Right Act 1957 and is illegal. Similar to the Indian Copyright Act 1957, other countries have their own copyright acts.
This copyright law also states that consumption of copyrighted content is a punishable act. Hence as a viewer, you are committing illegal activity by downloading movies from MyTeluguWap.
Why MyTeluguWap Does Not Have Official Website or Social Media Presence
After receiving several complains against MyTeluguWap many countries have blocked their URL. Social Media Platforms have a strict copyright policy and platform like Facebook, YouTube keep banning the pages like MyTeluguWap.
How much Illegal websites like MyTeluguWap are costing Film Industry?
Reported by MoneyControl, Indian Movie Industry has to bear a loss for of 18,000 Cr due to piracy in the year 2018. This has not only affected the movie industry, but also everyone who is associated with this industry. Websites like MyTeluguWap is hampering the living hood of millions of family associated with the Movie/Entertainment industry.
Extracted from US Government website
Following text from the US government website, gives us an idea about the impact the sites has on the audience and also on the society at the macro level.
“The revenues lost from piracy affect carpenters, electricians and other craftsmen who work in the entertainment industry as well as the economies of countries all over the world where movies are made. Movie piracy can affect you as well, even if you’re not downloading illegal copies of movies” – share.america.gov
- Illegal uploading and downloading of copyright-infringing materials takes up 24 percent of the bandwidth used in North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific regions. If you have a slow connection speed, it could be because of illegal file-sharing.
- Even if you don’t download movies illegally, you probably know — and get email and photos from — people who do. According to the Digital Citizens Alliance, consumers are 28 times more likely to get malware (software designed to damage computers) from sites offering illegal downloads. If you know anyone who does illegal streaming, you must guide her to not support this activity.
- According to the Motion Picture Association of America, the film and television industries are responsible for 2 million jobs in America alone. And local businesses that support the industry receive $43 billion every year. Numbers like that apply to overseas filming hubs as well. If piracy reduces the number of films made, the economic effects will be felt in filmmaking countries around the world.
Legal ways to watch Movies Online?
All thanks to the latest technology, watching movie online legally is possible. Due to the latest technology, you can have access to the movie on your smartphone, Laptops and Smart TV. These are online streaming platforms authorized by the production houses. Some of them are free, whereas some include registration charges. These legal streaming service providers typically provide three types of services:
- Free Streaming of Movies online – Yes! legal streaming for free is possible. Websites like Hotstar and JioCinema allows free streaming. The only drawback is that you will not get the latest movies.
- Pay per Movie – This is one of the best services for those who rarely watch movies. If you are one of them, then you can check websites like Youtube Movies, Apple iTunes or Google Play. We suggest not to apply for this service if you are a regular viewer.
- Monthly subscription – One of the best plan/service for those who like to watch movie regularly. You will find websites like Netflix, Prime Video and others who allow monthly subscription. Once you have opt for it, you can watch unlimited movies for that month.