TamilMV.com is an illegal website known to leaks pirated versions of Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, English, Malayalam and other language movies. We have seen Production houses and film actors requesting the audience to not support websites like TamilMV. As it is illegal to download or share movies from TamilMV, also considered as a criminal offence.
offenseimer: movie-rater.com does not support or promote piracy, rather we are asking to fight against Piracy. We are educating millions of viewers every month, about the impact of Piracy on the Film industry. We educate them about how piracy affects the Livelihoods of millions of people.
TamilMV is one of the popular pirated websites which often releases newly released film from these websites so that people can watch and download by sitting at their convenient places.
This website not only releases Hollywood and Bollywood kind of movies but also publishes several famous TV Serials, Shows, and original series of Amazon Prime Videos with no copyrights for the videos uploaded to this TamilMV website.
This unethical activity is being happened for a long time. As per the copyright regulations, the government has blocked so many domains belongs to TamilMV but still not able to curb this issue which impacts so many lives.
If someone doesn’t want to download any videos; TamilMV website helps them to watch the same online without downloading. As per Indian law Watching or downloading any videos, movies, web series which has no copyrights is an offence.
Likewise, TamilMV website has a specialization that anyone can watch or download Hollywood movies which have dubbed into Hindi and many other language films dubbed into Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam.
TamilMV website has another facility of downloading dual audio versions. Still, when someone tries to do it will push to download some other videos as well, and website redirects users to add chrome extensions by this way there may chance of exposing personal information without knowing about it. Also, there might be the risk of the pleasing virus into our device.
Disclaimer: Movie-Rater never encourages watching or downloading videos from TamilMV website. Viewing or downloading from pirated websites is an offence as per Indian Law. Movie-Rater is just educating its viewer to stay away from this kind of pirated websites and support Copyrights and watch or download videos only from legitimate sites.
TamilMV is Illegal, Governments block these websites
After receiving many complaints from Production Houses and Actors, Indian Government has taken strict legal action. Indian Government has blocked TamilMV and similar websites in India. After this ban TamilMV.com, came up with many other websites but a different extension. Being illegal the Governments keep blocking these websites.
It is also illegal to download movies from any of these TamilMV Websites. Indiatimes had recently published an article, quoting that “Soon Downloading Pirated Movies Could Land You Behind The Bars For 3 Years, Fine.”
Why Is It Illegal To Download Movies From TamilMV
To stream or distribute any movies, TamilMV needs proper authority from Production Houses. As they spend millions to produce movies Product houses have the copyright (ownership) of the content they produce. Productions Houses have to authorize TamilMV to distribute their movie.
As a fact, TamilMV is never into Film distribution Business, whereas Production houses have never authorized TamilMV for any of their film distributions. In fact, TamilMV acquires the Movie Downloads from an illegal means, for eg: Leaks from Labs, theatres, and uploads into their websites. As per the copyright law, Piracy is illegal and is equivalent to theft. This Copyright act is different in different countries, For example as per the Indian Copy Right Act 1957, TamilMV is distributing Movies illegally hence punishable under the Indian Law.
The Law (Copy Right Acts) also states that the distribution is illegal. Also, the consumption of copyrighted content is a punishable act. Hence as a viewer, you are committing illegal activity by downloading movies from TamilMv.
Why TamilMV Does Not Have Official Website or Social Media Presence
TamilMV is illegal, because of which their websites is banned in India and other countries. Whereas Social Media Platforms like Facebook and YouTube also have stricter copyright policies and they keep banning the pages like TamilMV.
How much Illegal websites like TamilMV are costing Film Industry?
According to Forbes Magazine, the action movie, starring Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger, was leaked to “pirates” three weeks before its official release, leading to 70 million illegal viewings and costing $100 million in lost revenues.
Bearing a loss of 100 million dollars, from just one movie, which means the entire industry bears in multiple billion dollars loss. This loss is directly proportional to the lively hood of millions of people from this industry worldwide. Whereas TamilMV being one of the top illegal websites is causing troubles to the livelihood of millions of people indirectly.
Extracted from US Government website
Following text from the US government website, gives us an idea about the impact the sites has on the audience and also on the society at the macro level.
“The revenues lost from piracy affect carpenters, electricians and other craftsmen who work in the entertainment industry as well as the economies of countries all over the world where movies are made. Movie piracy can affect you as well, even if you’re not downloading illegal copies of movies” – share.america.gov
- Illegal uploading and downloading of copyright-infringing materials takes up 24 percent of the bandwidth used in North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific regions. If you have a slow connection speed, it could be because of illegal file-sharing.
- Even if you don’t download movies illegally, you probably know — and get email and photos from — people who do. According to the Digital Citizens Alliance, consumers are 28 times more likely to get malware (software designed to damage computers) from sites offering illegal downloads. If you know anyone who does illegal streaming, you must guide her to not support this activity.
- According to the Motion Picture Association of America, the film and television industries are responsible for 2 million jobs in America alone. And local businesses that support the industry receive $43 billion every year. Numbers like that apply to overseas filming hubs as well. If piracy reduces the number of films made, the economic effects will be felt in filmmaking countries around the world.
Legal ways to watch Movies Online?
It is always better to watch movies through legal channels so that we can enjoy movies in High Definition. There are several legal movie streaming platforms for cheap, hence for those who do not have time for theaters can use these platforms. These platforms are easily accessible on your TV, smartphones, and laptops. Thanks to the latest telecom technology that have reduced the cost of data plans. Unlike TamilMV, you will find a number of legal streaming services to enjoy the best quality movies.
These legal streaming service providers typically provide three types of services:
- Free Streaming of Movies online – Yes, there are plenty of free streaming services like JioCinema and Hotstar that provides free movies. But, you won’t find the latest movies on this site.
- Pay per Movie – This is one of the best services for those who do not watch movies regularly. Platforms like YouTube Movies, iTunes, Google Play Movie, and many others provide similar service. If you are a regular viewer, then this service might get expensive for you.
- Monthly subscription – This is one of the best and most used services for those who are a regular viewer. Platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, ErosNow, and similar other platforms have monthly subscriptions. These websites release movies within a few months of its theater release. All you have to do is, buy a monthly subscription plan and enjoy unlimited movies and TV Shows.