It is a known fact that piracy is illegal and XfilimyWap.com is one of the leading websites that allows illegal movie download. There are a lot of complaints against XfilimyWap. Production houses and actors keep requesting to stop downloading movies from these websites. XfilmyWap is known to download a pirated version of movies in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, English, Malayalam and other languages.
Disclaimer: movie-rater.com does not support or promote piracy. In fact, we are committed to the fight against Piracy. We are educating millions of viewers every month, about the impact of Piracy on the Film industry. We educate them about how piracy affects the Livelihoods of millions of people.
XfilmyWap is Illegal, Governments block these websites
There are many complaints against XfilmyWap, hence the Indian Government has taken strict action by banning this website. To surpass the ban, XfilmyWap comes with new domain extensions. No matter how many websites they come up with, the Indian government keep banning them.
Not just XfilmyWap, but anyone who downloads movies from this website is committing a crime. Indiatimes had recently published an article, quoting that “Soon Downloading Pirated Movies Could Land You Behind The Bars For 3 Years, Fine.”
Why Is It Illegal To Download Movies From XfilmyWap
To allow movie download or online service, XfilmyWap needs to have permission from Production House. As, Production Hose spends million on a movie, only they have the copyright of the content. Production Houses haven’t authorized XfilmyWap to distribute movies. Hence, they are allowing movie download illegally.
All the movies that XfilmyWap acquires are through illegal means such as Leaks from Labs, theatres. Hence piracy is illegal and is equivalent to theft. Whereas every Country has a Copyright act, For example as per the Indian Copy Right Act 1957. XfilmyWap is distributing Movies illegally hence punishable under the Indian Law.
Also, the Copy Right law also states that distributing and watching movies from these websites is illegal. Hence, you are going a criminal offense as per the Copyright law.
Why XfilmyWap Does Not Have Official Website or Social Media Presence
Because their business is illegal and many countries have blocked or banned their websites based on the complaints from various sections of the film industry. Social Media Platforms like Facebook and youtube also have stricter copyright policies and they keep banning the pages like XfilmyWap.
How much Illegal websites like XfilmyWap are costing Film Industry?
According to Forbes Magazine, the action movie, starring Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger, was leaked to “pirates” three weeks before its official release, leading to 70 million illegal viewings and costing $100 million in lost revenues.
Extracted from US Government website
Following text from the US government website, gives us an idea about the impact the sites has on the audience and also on the society at the macro level.
“The revenues lost from piracy affect carpenters, electricians and other craftsmen who work in the entertainment industry as well as the economies of countries all over the world where movies are made. Movie piracy can affect you as well, even if you’re not downloading illegal copies of movies” – share.america.gov
- Illegal uploading and downloading of copyright-infringing materials takes up 24 percent of the bandwidth used in North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific regions. If you have a slow connection speed, it could be because of illegal file-sharing.
- Even if you don’t download movies illegally, you probably know — and get email and photos from — people who do. According to the Digital Citizens Alliance, consumers are 28 times more likely to get malware (software designed to damage computers) from sites offering illegal downloads. If you know anyone who does illegal streaming, you must guide her to not support this activity.
- According to the Motion Picture Association of America, the film and television industries are responsible for 2 million jobs in America alone. And local businesses that support the industry receive $43 billion every year. Numbers like that apply to overseas filming hubs as well. If piracy reduces the number of films made, the economic effects will be felt in filmmaking countries around the world.
Legal ways to watch Movies Online?
There are several ways to watch movies online. Online streaming is one of the legal and most affordable ways. Thanks to advanced mobile technology, which has reduced the data cost. Nowadays, every mobile, TV, as well as household devices, come with a data plan. Having accessing to the internet on the go, watching movies through legal streaming sites have become possible.
These legal streaming service providers typically provide three types of services:
- Free Streaming of Movies online – Several websites like Hotstar, JioCinema and more provide movie streaming for free. Some needs signup and some are signup free. But, these sites generally do not provide latest movies.
- Pay per Movie – If you are not a vivid movie watcher, then Pay Per movie service might come handy to you. Websites like YouTube Movies, Google Play Movie, and iTunes allows you to play for what you want to watch But in case you are a regular viewer, you will end up paying a lot in this mode.
- Monthly subscription – This is one of the most used and suggested services for those who watch movies and Series regularly. All you need to do is buy a monthly subscription plan and enjoy unlimited movies and shows. Services like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and ErosNow supports monthly subscription service.